Facilitation visa


If you do not yet reside in the Netherlands but have the right to residency by virtue of EU law, you might be able to apply for faciliatory visa in some cases. For example, if you are the parenting father or mother of a Dutch child. This was first decided by the Court of the European Union of 10 May 2017 in the Chavez-Vilchez case. The faciliatory visa is also a Schengen visa (type C). It is a special form of a short-stay visa that makes a longer stay possible in practice. The application procedure is the same as for a tourist visa. The application forms of the embassies and VFS Global lack the facilitation visa as a separate category. For this reason, an application for a faciliatory visa may require legal assistance.